Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gear

So it's a little over 60 Days to go until I head out to Japan, and I still need to get quite a bit of gear together for my trip. I'm hoping that this Blog will, in part, help me get organized about both my gear and my training. Whether or not that actually happens is another story. But for starters I'm going to run through a bunch of important things I will need on the way and edit the list as needed. Here goes:

  • Backpack: Osprey Aether 70 (Emerald Green)
  • Sleeping Bag (3 Season or UltraLight): 
  • Rain Jacket (tall):
  • Rain Pants (tall):
  • Hiking Boots: Merrell Chameleon Evo Gore-Tex XCR
  • Boot/Shoe Inserts: SuperFeet Orange
  • Sunglasses: Rx Aviators
  • Hat: Yankees Cap 
  • Undergarments/Base Layers: SmartWool Micro Long Sleeve; NorthFace Flight Series T-Shirt; 
  • Sweaters:
  • Fleece: Northface Denali 
  • Hiking Socks: SmartWool; 
  • First Aid Kit:
  • Sunscreen/Lipbalm:
  • Earplugs:
  • Camera: Cannon Powershot
  • Maps: Google Map Printouts - Japanese Cartoon Map - Guidebook
  • Compass:
  • Guide Books: Lonely Plantet, Fodders (?)
  • Phrase Books: 
  • Pre-Paid Cell Phone: To Rent In Japan
  • Swimming Trunks:
  • Towel:
  • Beer
(Special thanks to TheWalkingFool for calling attention to the fact that I, as a foreigner, will not be able to buy a pre-paid phone in Japan, and rather will have to rent one)

Distance Walked Today: 0 Miles
Total Distance Walked For Nakasendo Training: 7.88 Miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment