Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Things I Still Have To Do

With only 2 days to go I am faced with what seems like a million things to still take care of before I go. I need to:

  •  Order my phone through Rentafone Japan
  • Pick up a pack cover, some extra hiking socks, boxers, pack repair kit, batteries, and insect repellant from EMS
  • Print out my Nakasendo Map from the computer
  • Print out my Hotel/Ryokan confirmation e-mails and their locations
  • Print out my itinerary
  • Buy my remaining toiletries: sunscreen, deodorant
  • Remember my Passport
  • Pick a Medical School
  • Pack everything up 
  • Get on a plane


3 comments:

  1. yay philadelphia-bound boy! two weeks in, and i know you're having a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gday mate,
    Ive been reading about you trekking the Nakasendo path. I will complete the walk myself this coming November, and would be keen for some tips!! ;) I have little time to plan and organise everything, but intend to arrive in Tokyo late October (will attend 100% Design Tokyo;) then to begin the walk.
    I have almost non-existent Japanese language ability, but hope to learn some over the coming months. Hopefully weather will be ok, finishing in November easily before Winter hits. I intend to stay in accommodation, rather than camping. Obviously will need maps, backpack, walking shoes, canned food, camera, etc because at the moment I have very little idea what to expect. Having never attempted anything like this, in a foreign country, I am crazy excited!! ;)
    Cheers dude, hope to hear from you soon. Btw congrats on you finishing the walk. Must have given you much joy and pleasure with what Japan has to offer.
    Thanks again, Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I would very much like to hear of your experience in walking solo on the Nakasendo Road as I plan to do the same and your experiences would help me tremendously. My email is mucatdetautavel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete