Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Revising The Gear List

With only 10 days to go, I need to finalize my gear list (amongst many other pressing matters), to make sure that I can grab every last little thing I need before I leave for Japan. I've got a mega-order coming in from Backcountry tomorrow, but there are still a bunch of odds and ends I want to grab to make my trip run as smooth as possible. Below is the much updated list. Let me know if you see something you think I need.

  • Backpack: Osprey Aether 70 (Emerald Green)
  • Sleeping Bag: Big Agnes Summer Bag 
  • Sleeping Pad: Big Agnes Air Pad
  • Shelter: Bibler Bivy Sack
  • Rain Jacket: Cabela's Gore-Tex Pac-Lite Rainy River Parka (Tall)
  • Rain Pants: Cabela's Gore-Tex Pac-Lite Rainy River Pants (Tall)
  • Hiking Boots: Merrell Chameleon Evo Gore-Tex XCR; Nike Air-Pegasus
  • Boot/Shoe Inserts: SuperFeet Green and SuperFeet Orange
  • Sandals: Teva Tera Fi II (Black)
  • Glasses: Rx RayBan Aviator Sunglasses; Two Pairs Rx Glasses
  • Hat: Yankees Cap 
  • Undergarments/Base Layers: SmartWool Micro Long Sleeve; SmartWool Medium Long Sleeve; 2 NorthFace Flight Series Synthetic T-Shirt; 2 Patagonia Wool1 Merino Short Sleeve Shirts; Underarmor Boxers
  • Pants/Shorts: 1 EMS Excursion Convertible Pants; 2 Arcteryx Long Shorts; 1 The North Face Hiking Shorts
  • Fleece: The North Face Denali Fleece
  • Hiking Socks: SmartWool PhD Medium Socks; Wicking Socks 
  • Stuff/Dry Sacks: 
  • First Aid Kit: (To Buy)
  • Sunscreen/Lipbalm:
  • Earplugs: Hearos
  • Camera: Cannon Powershot (Including Case and Charger)
  • Maps: Google Map Printouts; Japanese Cartoon Map; Guidebook
  • Map Case: (To Buy)
  • Compass: (To Buy)
  • Guide Books: Lonely Plantet Japan
  • Phrase Books: (To Buy)
  • Cell Phone: Rentaphone (To Order)
  • Swimming Trunks: 
  • Towel: Micro Backpacking Towel
  • Water Bottle: 2x 1 Liter Water Bottle
  • Snacks: Trail Mix (To Buy)
  • Beer

No comments:

Post a Comment